Think half conference, half workshop.
The idea is we don't want do this in typical conference style where speaker after speaker sprays you with a fire hose worth of great information, but you're expected to think about it, process it, or figure out how all that material applies to you and your organization when you get back home.
Why? Because...that rarely works.
We've all been there. We're still enthused and clutching our conference notebook as we walk into work the next workday, and there it is: the whirlwind, sneering at you, and just waiting to sweep you back up. Suddenly, the "organize conference notes" task drops to the bottom of the list and may never get done.
This will be different.
The format of each of our sessions will be about 45-minutes of a speaker, then you'll spend the next 45-minutes or so working through what you just heard, so you go back home with lots of tangible, actionable, organized ideas.
For instance, after our first session you'll walk away with:
- A list of the current initiatives and/or projects that fall into the "fish decorating" category with an estimate of the capacity you could free up if you stopped them.
- Written clarity around who is your primary customer? What is their primary need? Do you have any strategic customers? If so, what are their primary needs?
- And what is blocking you?
- Know how to translate your customers' primary needs into your throughput--along with the metrics you'll use to measure it
- Know if any of your current organizational goals fall into one of the four traps, and how to change them to be effective.
And that's just the take away from Session One!
If this were a private workshop we'd be doing for a client, this would be several thousand dollars as a price comparison. We've priced this much lower than we originally discussed in order to make it more accessible to more Fulcrum members and clients.
We sure hope you can join us!